Wednesday, March 25, 2015

8 Things Wife Led Married Couples Do Every Day

A happy and successful wife led marriage rests, in part, on well established rituals of behavior. Of course, life is full of surprises and marriage is always in a state of adjustment to them. But most of the time we are living lives of routine.

Our routines are the building blocks of our lives. They reinforce good habits and attitudes and both encourage and demonstrate love and commitment to those we care most about.

So what are the routines of a wife led marriage?

She flirts with him

Not a day goes by that she won't find some way to express her femininity with him. If not in the morning when she wakes or before she leaves for work then, later, when she returns home to him or before she goes to sleep. Ideally, there is flirting at each and every opportunity.

Unfortunately, many working wives fall into the habit of rushing off to work and coming home too exhausted. It's tempting to think that her responsibility for the household income is sufficient. It isn't. Especially if he's spent all day caring for children, he needs to renew his emotional connection to her.

In playful teasing, she renews and refreshes her erotic power in the marriage. Often the slightest gesture and touch is sufficient.

He expresses his adoration of her

Every interaction, flirtations especially, become an opportunity for him to refresh his adoration of her. At least once, and ideally several times a day, he tells her that he loves her and reminds her of how grateful he is that they are married.

She tells him what needs to be done

She doesn't make him guess. She doesn't assume he can read her mind. She doesn't rely on shared priorities. If it needs doing, she tells him.

But she doesn't nag. If there is any possibility that she is repeating herself or that he already knows what she is about to tell him, she tells him in a remindful manner. Instead of angrily assuming that he has forgotten (again!), she gently offers to recap things that need to be done that day.

He promises to do what she asks

He never assumes he knows what is required of him. When he is given instructions he repeats them back in his own words to confirm his understanding. And he replies in the form of a promise. He promises to do what he understands needs to be done.

She asks what's done

At the most appropriate time she checks up on his progress. Not when she is tired and cranky but when she is fresh and emotionally engaged. Often this is after a satisfying meal and a refreshing bath.

In asking what's been done she is not only monitoring his progress on things that need to be done but she is also creating the opportunity for him to demonstrate pride in what he's accomplished. When the job is done and done well, she expresses her admiration of him. But even when he has fallen short of expectations she can still show gratitude for his efforts even as she offers correctives.

He tells her what he's accomplished

He is proud of what he has accomplished for her and cannot wait to tell her about it. He provides just enough detail to assure her that the job has been done well. If she is interested, he may give her more details about how he managed it. But he values her time and focus and never bores her with irrelevant details.

She asserts her authority

Life is filled with decisions and every day presents opportunities for her to reassert her authority in the marriage. Whether it be a small choice or a major decision, she makes a demonstration of her authority by stating the matter to be decided and her choice. In asserting her decision she reinforces her authority in the marriage. The more difficult and contentiousness the decision, the more effective the demonstration of authority.

That doesn't mean that she never solicits his opinion. Where relevant, she does. But she makes clear the difference between accepting his opinion and resolving a choice.

He yields to her command

Of course, he accept her decisions. But more than that, he yields to her command. He looks forward to proving his obedience to her will and relishes every opportunity to demonstrate his submission to her domination of the marriage.

17 comments:

  1. I like your list. I'm sure it is not exhaustive but it does illustrate if you necessary aspects of any marriage that is female-led. Men have sex in the forefront of their brain whether they admit to it or not, to be stimulated by their wife/partner in this way triggers one of the most powerful urges to please a man has. The other point I took from your post was the deliberateness in reaffirming each parties role; that the wife needs to lead by guiding her husband and giving him orders while the husband needs to submit and obey by acknowledging and carrying out those orders.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tell us what you would add to the list.

      Delete
    2. Some wives require their husband to stand when she, or another woman, enter the room in which he is seated. I know of a few that require their husband to be at the door to greet them when she arrives home. I am expected to follow certain protocols of deference like - never asking if we may leave a social function - that is her call, I don't tell her where we will be going next - she tells me, I open doors, I let her engaged engage in financial haggling/decision making when we make larger purchases, etc.... some of this may fall into some of the categories you've listed, some might be unique to them. Just a few thoughts to consider.

      Delete
    3. Those are some great examples, thank you.

      Delete
  2. As I was reading your post of the "8 Things" my wife came up and began reading over my shoulder. As we read, she said "that is us, we do all those things". I agreed. Those are things we do every day. Though, until I read the list, I never really thought about it. It's nice when normal things are pointed out to one, helping to keep them from being taken for granted.
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Blog, your relationship sounds like ours. I really enjoyed your 8 things. Almost all apply to us on a daily basis as well. I especially like number 7. My wife asserts her authority, looks for me for advice and opinions but in the end she makes the call. My voice is important but hers is the deciding factor. While being her sub is my love in life, obeying her is important to both of us and her being the unquestioned boss in our home is understood, there still is a part of us that needs a partnership, two people working together. Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like the others, I truly love this post. It is nice to see a list of things that, for the most part, Mistress K. and I already do, and we dot hem naturally. I am so glad that my friend I'm Hers suggested your blog. Happily following!

    Best SHIP

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those eight things help make a good framework for a sustainable FLR, Mistress Fumika. Your article is clearly written, and very timely. Just when I was wishing Sent from my iPhone in a little more flirting with me, she started up on that this week and has been playfully enticing me as well as joyfully and meaningfully exerting her authority over me.

    Those things inspire me to ramp up the obedience, adoration and communication to my Mistress on what I’m up to. It’s kind of a circular process in which the more we give, the more we receive and then are more eager to give.

    Your post is a lovely reminder of key elements that really do add growing intimacy and fun in a marriage. I second the consideration by I’m Her’s; of protocols or expected behaviors that may or not fall into another category. A few of mine are: Never keep her waiting, never whine or complain, always provide joy and energy, surprise her, romance her, and sex is purely for HER satisfaction ... but pursue her with passion!

    I'm not saying I do all those well, by any means, but my beautiful bride has come to expect that from me, and will remind me if I don't deliver.

    Thank you for the great blog!

    Kind regards,

    Scott

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Lady Misato

    Thank you for your insightful article.
    Like many of your respondents we found we are doing all of them.

    I particularly agree with your statement:
    A happy and successful wife led marriage rests,
    in part, on well-established rituals of behavior.

    Two daily rituals we find very satisfying are in the morning
    I kneel in front of my lady and promise to love, serve, honor and obey her.
    She then tells me what I am doing for the day
    And what she expects from me.

    In the evening we thank each other for three things done during the day.
    Big or small; such as I will say
    Thank you for allowing me to marry you.
    Thank you for helping with the shopping.
    Thank you for telling me off and guiding me.
    And then she will return with her three things.

    We find such daily rituals deepen our love and respect for each other and confirm the roles we have chosen with her as Head of the Household and me as her surrendered husband.

    Kind regards

    M Toads

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Lady Misato.

    This passage really stood out for me:

    She tells him what needs to be done
    She doesn't make him guess. She doesn't assume he can read her mind. She doesn't rely on shared priorities. If it needs doing, she tells him.

    My lady knows that I can not read her mind and that I will not waste calories if I don't think I can win with her, eg make her happy. She knows I am willing to swim shark-infested waters to bring her a glass of lemonade, but only if I think it will make her happy. Every time she gives me something to do for her, she gives me a way to win and I know that my efforts have the potential to make her happy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Lady Misato

    This is a great list. I have been a firm believer that rituals help in setting a framework that a couple need for their marriage to succeed, It removes the ambiguity and provides clear direction for both the partners.

    I especially like the first one which is sadly not adhered to most of times. You see my husband is a shy one and doesn't express his emotions too often which sometimes makes me doubt if he is fully on board.

    Also while I agree that as wives we need to tell what needs to be done, I think it needs to go a step further where he should be able to anticipate my needs. Also I am surprised that you haven't touched upon punishments. What are your thoughts on that aspect ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is every wife's dream that her husband thinks about, and anticipates her needs. But too often women are unrealistic in their expectations.

      Punishment rituals are very tricky. I tend to treat that as exceptional and to make it very real and memorable. If you play at punishment you risk encouraging bad behavior.

      Delete
  9. M Toads,

    thank you for sharing and for the terrific list. what a great ritual you have found in your marriage. I love the way you start your day and the direction your wife gives there. we had to adjust to that but it did not take long (morning instructions). My husband says it is more comfortable for him to just have me tell him what he is doing in a day. However he is still a bit embarrassed to fully admit it. I believe that is his honest feeling

    ReplyDelete
  10. I recently read What Shamu Taught Me by Amy Sutherland, and I am finding it very powerful to realize that it is true, we train everyone in our lives, constantly, one way or another. I see much more clearly now how positive reinforcement really works. Highly recommend it.
    Stately Pleasure Domme

    ReplyDelete
  11. So, what happens if the man is sure the wife's decision is wrong and will lead to trouble? ( After the discussion that is)
    Does the man just obey and let the chips fall where they may?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Excellent question. Obviously this is a difficult situation but the short answer is, yes, the husband obeys the wife and let's the chips fall where they may. Keep in mind that he might be right or he might be wrong. He should obey his wife with a sense of genuine curiosity: Why did she insist on doing it this way? Why do we see it differently? How will things turn out?

      A more nuanced approach is for the husband to suggest mitigating steps to hedge. If, for example, this is a very big decision and he is fairly certain he is right he might suggest doing something to protect them in case his concerns are valid. This obviously entails further efforts at persuasion. Investment decisions are a classic example here and there are many ways investments can be hedged and diversified.

      The tougher question is what to do when the husband turns out to be right after the chips have fallen. Mostly he should be gracious and make a good faith effort to help his wife avoid making a similar error in the future.

      And if the wife happens to be right, then of course he should be humble in admitting his error and ask the wife to help him understand where he went wrong.

      Delete
    2. My first wife made decisions that caused us to be evicted and we ended up living rough for a season. It was avoidable. I saw it coming and did my best to follow, but after we ended up living rough there came a point where I needed to say, "I can't follow you this way. At least not financially." I should have acted sooner. She agreed and we made some adjustments. Her happiness remained a priority for me until the day she died. I looked to her to make as many decisions as practicable, but I owed it to myself (and to her, I think) to avoid financial ruin and homelessness.

      Delete